Wednesday, August 14, 2013

In the beginning, there was Davi.

I guess I should tell you a bit about myself.

I won't bore you with too many details, but the basics are as follows.
  • I am an Air Force brat who grew up on the east coast and went on to serve 6 years on active duty with the same branch, followed by 3-and-a-half years in the reserves. I'm trying to motivate myself to get back into shape so that I can go back to active duty; I never should have left. 
  • I live with the love of my life...let's call him Fordski...who is himself an active duty member of the Air Force for the past 6 years. He is my number one guinea pig for my recent kitchen shenanigans, and as far as I can tell, he enjoys every minute of it.
  • I am unemployed at the moment, and getting ready to start a part-time job. It sucks not having money, so I try to cut corners and save us some cash where I can. For example, I made laundry detergent yesterday, rather than going to the store for some expensive pods. This is why I'm only semi organic; going full organic can, unfortunately, be pricey, so I compromise. 
  • We have animals. 
The alpha is Simi, a friendly Siamese and benign overlord. He loves visitors and scavenging for leftovers, and thinks very poorly of me for only feeding him twice a day.
Next is SoCo, a snooty Russian Blue. She loves to cuddle, on HER terms, beats up on our puppy, climbs anything and everything so as to survey her dominion without mingling with us commoners, and will run out the door every chance she gets to lead us on a merry chase through the neighbors's yards. Zero fucks are given by this cat on a regular basis.
The youngest, the interloper, the New Guy, is Thor. He is our German Shepherd-Labrador-possibly Pitt Bull? mix. When we adopted him, we picked up a third cat. He loves to play and tear around the backyard, but is content to sleep his day away. He gets wicked jealous when I pay attention to the cats.
  • I have a garden. It's my first garden! And it's out of control. It's a 4' x 8' plot, and we could have planned it a bit better, but otherwise I have no complaints. I just wish I'd known how much room pumpkin and watermelon plants require...because WHOA. I'll dedicate a separate post to my gardening shenanigans.
So that's me. Hi. Hello. We'll get to know each other better on this journey. O, here's a picture of my hawt man-love.
I'm a lucky girl, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment