Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Adventures in Poultry: Parmesan-Crusted Chicken.

Before deploying, Fordski put most of his household goods into storage, leaving only his TVs with me. Yesterday they finally finished moving Parodi out and into a friend's house down the road, and Fordski finally emptied out his storage unit. Needless to say, the house is a mess, and there is a lot of organizing to be done as we swap beds around and finish putting the master and guest bedrooms and my "woman" cave together.

While all that manly work was going on, I was occupying myself in the kitchen, quickly whipping up a satisfying yet healthy dinner.
Here is what I was working with. Feel free to substitute the adobo for salt and pepper. I preheated my oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, and got to work.
That's probably about a cup of breadcrumbs liberally mixed with some freshly shredded Parmesan. I dipped the chicken in a mixture of egg and 1 Tbsp of water, then ran it through the dry mix. Once on the pan, I shredded some more Parmesan on top, and ten lightly sprinkled it all with adobo. Or you can top it with sea salt and freshly ground peppercorns.
Here it is going into the oven for 20 minutes...
...and here it is served up with some shredded romaine lettuce and a sliced roma tomato, topped with sea salt and freshly ground peppercorns. I ate my tomatoes, and then drizzled some raspberry vinaigrette on top of the lettuce. So delicious! So easy! So quick! 

No comments:

Post a Comment